Search this blog
- Archie Re-Opens After Flooding
- Online Self Defense
- Thank You, Summer Reading Sponsors!
- TumbleBooks Update: Download the App
- There’s a Mouse in the Library!
- Streaming Video Now Available
- Library Funding in Jeopardy
- Former Garden City Branch Manager, Marilyn Thomas, Retires
- Archie, meet your new librarian!
- All new computers for computer lab in Harrisonville funded by a federal grant
TopicsAncestry apps audiobooks Babaloo blogging book sale Buck Family Players Cass County Cass County Historical Society CCPL Foundation Chilton Library Christmas Civil War computer training Cowgirl Kate Divergent Downton Abbey Dr. Seuss early literacy ebooks Ebscohost Ed Emery Food for Fines fundraiser games gaming genealogical research gift baskets history holiday job training Kansas City Public Library Kindle Fire Learning Express Library library staff Life of Pi literacy skills local author local history Mango Languages Mary Dobson Missouri Missouri Department of Conservation Missouri Libraries 2 Go Missouri State Library movies music online discussion On the Same Page Order No. 11 Overdrive Peculiar Peculiar Charitable Foundation Peggy Dryden Pleasant Hill Times Poetic Voices poetry poetry competition research retirement Santa Claus Sharon Wallen sponsors Spring storytime Summer Reading Program technology training TumbleBooks University of Missouri Cass County Extension Center Veronica Roth volunteers Winter Reading Program workshop Yann Martel
- Thank you to our friends, patrons, and community! Archie Re-Opens After Flood: bit.ly/2w660zk 9 hours ago
- RT @KCStar: Second set of remains found in April have been identified as Kara Kopetsky’s kansascity.com/news/local/cri… 15 hours ago
- RT @ALALibrary: ALA condemns racism and violence in Charlottesville ow.ly/MtAw30eqpkd 2 days ago
- RT @librarycongress: Excited about the upcoming #SolarEclipse2017? Check out these items from our serials collections https://t.co/vI8xdYWV… 6 days ago
- RT @ALALibrary: .@BookClubCentral Honorary Chair Sarah Jessica Parker shares her current favorites w/ @ReadItForward: https://t.co/3nuhVW6q… 6 days ago
Category Archives: Book Reviews
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here are pages from the 1965 book by Charles Schulz, Love is Walking Hand In Hand. See the other pages here. Happy Valentine’s from your friends at the library!
Chasing Hope by Kathryn Cushman is an inspiring story of two young women: one, an Olympic hopeful with dashed dreams, and the other a broken, angry teenager who is afraid to dream. It wasn’t easy. Giving up was always an option. … Continue reading
Fall is usually a great time for brand new books and 2013 is no exception. Here are a few anticipated titles, including some new installments from some beloved series and a couple of long awaited sequels. W is for Wasted, the … Continue reading
Wed, July 31, 6:00 PM Harrisonville Branch – Cass County Public Library 400 E Mechanic St, Harrisonville, MO. On Wednesday, July 31 at 6:00pm, local author, Robin Holloway, will discuss her book Followed by Angels: Life with Hydrocephalus at the Harrisonville library. A … Continue reading
My children were born in the wrong generation. They were the victims of long car trips, with the radio cassette player being the most advanced technology we had. We spent many long hours driving across the most desolate parts of Kansas and … Continue reading