Search this blog
- There’s a Mouse in the Library!
- Streaming Video Now Available
- Library Funding in Jeopardy
- Former Garden City Branch Manager, Marilyn Thomas, Retires
- Archie, meet your new librarian!
- All new computers for computer lab in Harrisonville funded by a federal grant
- Area chambers hold a ribbon cutting for the new location of the library in Belton
- Friends of the Library book sale to be held in “The Old NRC”
- Northern Resource Center to close for relocation
- Author, publishing editor, and RayPec graduate to appear at Belton library
TopicsAncestry apps audiobooks Babaloo blogging book sale Buck Family Players Cass County Cass County Historical Society CCPL Foundation Chilton Library Christmas Civil War computer training Cowgirl Kate Divergent Downton Abbey Dr. Seuss early literacy ebooks Ebscohost Ed Emery Food for Fines fundraiser games gaming genealogical research gift baskets history holiday job training Kansas City Public Library Kindle Fire Learning Express Library library staff Life of Pi literacy skills local author local history Mango Languages Mary Dobson Missouri Missouri Department of Conservation Missouri Libraries 2 Go Missouri State Library movies music online discussion On the Same Page Order No. 11 Overdrive Peculiar Peculiar Charitable Foundation Peggy Dryden Pleasant Hill Times Poetic Voices poetry poetry competition research retirement Santa Claus Sharon Wallen sponsors Spring storytime Summer Reading Program technology training TumbleBooks University of Missouri Cass County Extension Center Veronica Roth volunteers Winter Reading Program workshop Yann Martel
- Don't forget! Our Friends of the Library group is meeting Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:30pm at the Northern Resource Cente… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- We have a new job opening! We are looking for an enthusiastic person to be the Archie Branch Manager! Apply here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- There's a mouse in the library! ABCMouse is now available: bit.ly/2pw3vDs https://t.co/ssHIqk4gas 5 days ago
- We have a new feature! Click on the New Books button on the left side of the catalog to see what we've just added! https://t.co/tPt7PWNWDG 1 week ago
- RT @dbrl: Unbound Book Festival includes children's and youth authors dbrl.org/events/36298 https://t.co/kYmTlPAiAD 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Cass County
MO Secretary of State, Jay Ashcroft, says that libraries “expand opportunity and unleash potential” in their communities. This year, funding for Missouri libraries faces deep cuts at both the state and federal levels. State funding, through the state library, and … Continue reading
Did you know that one the most famous and renowned 19th century American painters, George Caleb Bingham, painted a work titled “Order No. 11” depicting a crucial moment in Cass County’s history? View this video for a closer look at … Continue reading
ConnectCass, a nonprofit organization promoting health and wellness in Cass County, recently held a town hall meeting in Harrisonville to discuss community health needs, priorities and the steps needed to improve community health for residents of Cass County. What do … Continue reading
Our employees’ annual United Way donation campaign is underway! Last year, library employees donated $2,454.00 directly from their own paychecks to support local charities like Hope Haven of Cass County, Success by 6 Resource Center, Cass County Council on Aging and … Continue reading
Today we are unveiling a new historical display about the Civil War history of Cass County. The display is a joint project of Cass County Public Library, Cass County Historical Society, and Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area. Stop by the … Continue reading
The county fair in Pleasant Hill begins tomorrow! The fair runs from Tuesday, July 16 through Sunday, July 21. Click here for more information on the fair website, including the full schedule of events.