Search this blog
- Online Self Defense
- Thank You, Summer Reading Sponsors!
- TumbleBooks Update: Download the App
- There’s a Mouse in the Library!
- Streaming Video Now Available
- Library Funding in Jeopardy
- Former Garden City Branch Manager, Marilyn Thomas, Retires
- Archie, meet your new librarian!
- All new computers for computer lab in Harrisonville funded by a federal grant
- Area chambers hold a ribbon cutting for the new location of the library in Belton
TopicsAncestry apps audiobooks Babaloo blogging book sale Buck Family Players Cass County Cass County Historical Society CCPL Foundation Chilton Library Christmas Civil War computer training Cowgirl Kate Divergent Downton Abbey Dr. Seuss early literacy ebooks Ebscohost Ed Emery Food for Fines fundraiser games gaming genealogical research gift baskets history holiday job training Kansas City Public Library Kindle Fire Learning Express Library library staff Life of Pi literacy skills local author local history Mango Languages Mary Dobson Missouri Missouri Department of Conservation Missouri Libraries 2 Go Missouri State Library movies music online discussion On the Same Page Order No. 11 Overdrive Peculiar Peculiar Charitable Foundation Peggy Dryden Pleasant Hill Times Poetic Voices poetry poetry competition research retirement Santa Claus Sharon Wallen sponsors Spring storytime Summer Reading Program technology training TumbleBooks University of Missouri Cass County Extension Center Veronica Roth volunteers Winter Reading Program workshop Yann Martel
- RT @HvilleCityGov: Tuesday's street work will concentrate on seven residential streets. They are Horizon; Amy; Outlook; Andrea; Leah; Osag… 7 hours ago
- RT @librarycongress: Today in History: novelist Ernest Hemingway born, 1899 #otd #tih loc.gov/item/today-in-… https://t.co/loQdvhZ132 3 days ago
- RT @OverDriveLibs: 8 #Bookish Iron-on Patches 😍 bookriot.com/2017/07/21/8-b… https://t.co/nL5rNah4ho 3 days ago
- RT @roswellencina: The Library of Congress opened its catalogs to the world. Here's why it matters theconversation.com/the-library-of… via @Conversatio… 4 days ago
- RT @MissouriSOS: #TBT to this day in 1969 when Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong landed on the moon as part of #Apollo11. Check out pics of thei… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Civil War
Burnt District Festival Open House Friday, October 2 – Saturday, October 3 Harrisonville, Missouri The Genealogy Branch will be hosting a Burnt District-themed open house on both Friday and Saturday of the festival. On display: Civil War Panel Exhibit Historical … Continue reading
Today we are featuring a marionette show about our local Civil War history! Presented by Puppetry Arts Institute and co-sponsored by the Cass County Civil War Roundtable. “Trouble on the Border: Order No. 11” Tues, Sept 10, 6:30pm Harrisonville library 400 E … Continue reading
Today we are unveiling a new historical display about the Civil War history of Cass County. The display is a joint project of Cass County Public Library, Cass County Historical Society, and Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area. Stop by the … Continue reading
This is a Thomas Nast illustration representing the Civil War, Christmas Eve 1862. This was published in the January 1863 issue of Harper’s Weekly. The illustration shows a wife praying though a window in one circle, and in another circle shows her husband … Continue reading
Did your ancestor ride with William Clarke Quantrill? August 2013 marks the 150th anniversary of Quantrill’s siege on Lawrence, Kansas. The Cass County Public Library Genealogy Branch, Cass County Civil War Roundtable and Cass County Historical Society will host a … Continue reading