Search this blog
- Find Great Reads & Friendships in a Book Club
- Archie Re-Opens After Flooding
- Online Self Defense
- Thank You, Summer Reading Sponsors!
- TumbleBooks Update: Download the App
- There’s a Mouse in the Library!
- Streaming Video Now Available
- Library Funding in Jeopardy
- Former Garden City Branch Manager, Marilyn Thomas, Retires
- Archie, meet your new librarian!
TopicsAncestry apps audiobooks Babaloo blogging book sale Buck Family Players Cass County Cass County Historical Society CCPL Foundation Chilton Library Christmas Civil War computer training Cowgirl Kate Divergent Downton Abbey Dr. Seuss early literacy ebooks Ebscohost Ed Emery Food for Fines fundraiser games gaming genealogical research gift baskets history holiday job training Kansas City Public Library Kindle Fire Learning Express Library library staff Life of Pi literacy skills local author local history Mango Languages Mary Dobson Missouri Missouri Department of Conservation Missouri Libraries 2 Go Missouri State Library movies music online discussion On the Same Page Order No. 11 Overdrive Peculiar Peculiar Charitable Foundation Peggy Dryden Pleasant Hill Times Poetic Voices poetry poetry competition research retirement Santa Claus Sharon Wallen sponsors Spring storytime Summer Reading Program technology training TumbleBooks University of Missouri Cass County Extension Center Veronica Roth volunteers Winter Reading Program workshop Yann Martel
- RT @MissouriSOS: Secretary Ashcroft has his library card—do you? Visit #MOlibraries this #LibraryCardSignUp Month to access tons of valuabl… 1 week ago
- RT @KCLibrary: Librarian Steve Woolfolk found not guilty of all charges. Details here: kclibrary.org/public-informa… 1 week ago
- Visit the Bookmobile today at the Belton Fall Festival! Tour the bus, get a card, & check out a book or movie! #LibraryCardSignUpMonth 1 week ago
- RT @MissouriSOS: It's #ReadABookDay! #MOlibraries have quite the collections to choose from, so visit today and embark on a new literary ad… 2 weeks ago
- It's Library Card Sign-Up Month! Bring the whole family in (with ID & proof of address) and get access to all of ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: early literacy
MO Secretary of State, Jay Ashcroft, says that libraries “expand opportunity and unleash potential” in their communities. This year, funding for Missouri libraries faces deep cuts at both the state and federal levels. State funding, through the state library, and … Continue reading
Amy Burkholder is the Bookmobile manager for Cass County Public Library. Her daughter is one of the library’s youngest library card holders! Amy shared some of her ideas for introducing babies and pre-readers to the joy of books. Getting kids ready … Continue reading
Bringing your children to the library’s storytime is a sure and simple way to instill a life-long love of books and learning. The excitement of storytime can begin a lifetime of reading and discovery! Below is the schedule beginning this … Continue reading
The Northern Resource Center has a new challenge for you. Can you read 1,000 books to your child before they hit kindergarten? Yes, it does sound and look like a big number, but look at it this way: if you … Continue reading
Families who come to the children’s library at the Harrisonville Branch have an opportunity to check out an iPad loaded with fun and engaging early literacy apps! Thanks to the Racing to Read early literacy grant provided by the Missouri State Library, … Continue reading
Last Thursday, I had a blast attending Pajama Storytime at the Harrisonville library. It was an early literacy program all about the sense of touch. This storytime was filled with fun, interactive stories like Don’t Push the Button by Bill Cotter and … Continue reading